1) Heroic Muslims and WWII: From British spy Noor Khan who courageously served the Allied forces (featured in the UPF documentary “Enemy Of The Third Reich”) to the ‘Iranian Schindler’ who helped thousands of Jews escape the Nazis — a look at how these selfless acts from brave Muslims changed the course of World War II.
2) Boxing Star Amir Khan Reveals All in this interview with The Guradian. He speaks of leaving behind celebrity by going on Hajj where “everyone is the same,” and talks about extremist groups manipulating young British Muslims online. A must read for sports fans!
3) Iranian Prez Rouhani Appoints Female Ambassador: In a positive sign for female rights, President Hassan Rouhani has appointed Marzieh Afkham to head a mission in east Asia. She will be the first female ambassador since the 1979 Islamic revolution.
4) Is It A Muslim Artist’s Responsibility To Challenge Stereotypes? The Guardian talks to four Muslim artists and asks this compelling question: “to what degree do they feel a responsibility to use their artistic voices to counter the stridently negative stereotypes that young British Muslims face?”
5) And lasting, a truly inspiring story Asteroid Named After Malala: In 2010, NASA’s Amy Mainzer discovered an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter, and has named it after teen activist and Nobel Prize winner Malala Yousafza.