Step Feed brings you this listicle of “Muslims making the UK great”:
1. Sadiq Khan, London’s mayor
Sadiq Khan became London’s first Muslim mayor in 2016.
2. Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, MP
Sayeeda Warsi is a member of the UK’s House of Lords. She is a politician, lawyer and professor.
3. Mehdi Hasan, political journalist
Mehdi Hasan hosts the Al Jazeera English shows The Café, Head to Head and UpFront.
4. Shelina Janmohamed, writer
Shelina Janmohamed is a vice-president at Ogilvy Noor. She is also the author of two books: Generation M: Young Muslims Changing the World and Love in a Headscarf.
5. Zayn Malik, singer
Zayn Malik is a former member of One Direction. He has since had numerous hit singles on UK and international top charts.
6. Mariah Idrissi, model and public speaker
Mariah Idrissi has been called the first Muslim model to wear a hijab in a major fashion campaign. In 2015, she appeared in H&M’s Close the Loop campaign.
7. Amjad Hussain, naval officer
Amjad Hussain is the highest-ranking member of the British Armed Forces from an ethnic minority.
8. Mishal Husain, news presenter
Mishal Husain works as leading presenter for the BBC.
9. Muhbeen Hussain, activist
Muhbeen Hussain is the founder and chairperson of British Muslim Youth.
10. Dina Tokio, influencer and fashion icon
Dina Tokio is a prominent social media “influencer” and fashionista.