1) Introducing Ahmed Mohamed, A Normal Kid In Extraordinary Circumstances: The Daily Beast got some interview time with Muslim’s most famous teen next to Malala – clock-maker/tech-wiz, Ahmed Mohamed. The reporter asks Ahmed if he’s ever heard of fifteen minutes of fame for which the 14 year old replies, “This is gonna be soooooo much longer.”
2) Is America Ready To Wake Up to the Horrors & Reality of Islamophobia? Op-ed from Vox’s Max Fisher on Ahmed Mohamed’s absurd arrest, and the much needed wake-up call for Americans on the subject of Islamophobia.
3) For Tech Savvy Refugees, Social Media Is Necessary Tool: Thousands of young Syrians and Iraqis have used social media and smartphones to their advantage, helping them on their treacherous journey across the Mediterranean and onward to Western Europe.
4) In Minneapolis, Somali-Muslim Businesswoman Key To Their Own Success: A Somali shopping center in Minneapolis is home to 175 clothing stores, hair salons, henna shops, restaurants and even a mosque – 150 stores are owned by women, and many are Muslim.
5) And finally, Palestinian-Canadian Doctor Designs Stethoscope with 3-D Printer: Dr. Tarek Loubani, a Palestinian-Canadian, has designed a low-cost stethoscope using a 3-D printer, the first in a series of inventions he hopes to roll-out to help tackle Gaza’s medical supply shortage problem.