England was hit with another extremist attack over the weekend which saw three individuals ram their truck into pedestrians on London Bridge with more violent attacks following at nearby Borough Market. ISIS has since claimed responsibility for the horrifying attack which has left 7 dead and at least 48 injured.
Muslims soon took to social media with hashtags #Londonattack, #prayforlondon and #notinthenameofIslam to send powerful messages of love, support and peace to the world.
Here are some of the tweets:
– Sadiq Khan (London Mayor): We are all shocked and angry today – but this is our city. We will never let these cowards win and we will never be cowed by terrorism.
– Linda Sarsour (activist): Sending love to our sisters and brothers in #London. You will rise above this hate and terror. You have done it before.
– Hasni PTI (software engineer): Islam is the religion of Peace… We #Muslims strongly condemn these attacks and offer our condolences to the families of victims#LondonBridge
– Jared: After an hour of being stuck in the #londonbridge area and told to run by police, Muslim shopkeepers offered me food and a place to stay.
– Jacob: There will be Muslim doctors and police officers working through the night to save lives tonight, just remember that ❤️ #LondonBridge
Muslims United for London: Donate to support London attack victims and their families